At the end of every gig, you'll get to rate the business, and the business will get to rate you. Every gig is an opportunity for you to show off your best work! Here's some tips on how to earn 5-star ratings:
Your first gig! Here’s what you need to know:
- Smile! Get ready to charm this crew with your friendly disposition.When you arrive, actively seek out your contact.
- Don’t wait for them to come find you.
- Check in using the mobile app.
- Put your mobile phone away after you have checked in with the manager. Only use your phone during your break.
- Check out using the mobile app at the end of your end of your gig. This is how we keep track of your hours!
Have a great attitude
When you arrive at your gig, smile and introduce yourself to your supervisor, and the team! Leave your ego at home. When you work a gig, you're agreeing to be a flexible team player. Stay positive and professional. Remember, you get to rate the business too!
Be professional and respectful
You must be professional and respectful towards your supervisor, their entire team and fellow Instaworkers.
- Do not discuss wages with other staff members or Instaworkers.
- No cellphones during your shift.
- Be proactive and helpful.
- Clean as you go. If you start a project be sure to clean and sanitize your station before you move on to the next thing.
- Call out “corner” “door” “knife” or “behind” when moving through a kitchen so people know you’re coming.
- If a business loves your attitude and performance, they can request to have you back for future gigs.
Each gig will have special instructions on what to bring. such as a knife set, sharpies, etc. They also might require a certain dress code like all black, non-flammable chef pants, etc.
Look up the business before your gig to check out their website and menu. You are not expected to have everything memorized but it's important that you have an idea of what you're walking into.
Show up on time
- Map the route to gig's location 2 hours before the start time to see if there are any traffic delays.
- If you’re driving, check to see where there is parking (Gig details will specify if parking is free).
- Plan to arrive 10 minutes ahead of the start time so you can familiarize yourself with the area.
- Use the restroom before your shift starts.
- Walk into the venue 5 minutes early.
What to wear:
- Clean clothes (no stains), non-slip shoes, light makeup
- Good hygiene is critical: No body odor or heavy perfume/cologne
- Hands: Keep nails short and clean, prefer clear nail polish only
- Hair: Those with long hair should arrive with hair tied back and away from face
- Remove all dangling jewelry (necklaces, earrings, bracelets etc.)
Everything mentioned above will impact how the business rates you after your gig. Your average rating must remain above 4 stars in order to continue working gigs.
You'll also have the opportunity to rate the business after your gig. We want to make sure our partners are treating Instaworkers fairly, so your feedback is important to us.
Click here for a refresher on general best practices.