If you've been deactivated or suspended on Instawork, you should be able to see the reason when you open the app.
What's the difference between getting deactivated and suspended?
- Suspended - you still keep the shifts you've picked up, but you won't be able to pick up anymore
- Deactivated - this means you'll be pulled off shifts you were already on AND you can't pick up any more shifts
Some common reasons include:
Did you no-show?
- Not showing up to a shift you signed up for will automatically deactivate you. Make sure to let us know!
Did you cancel a shift late?
- For the first time you cancel a shift late (with less than 24 hours to the shift starting), you'll be suspended.
- If you do this a 2nd time in the last month, you'll be deactivated.
Did you fail a background check?
- If you fail a background check, you'll be suspended first.
- If we don't hear any update after 30 days, you'll then be deactivated.
Were you late to a shift?
- Showing up 15+ minutes late to a shift more than 1 time in the last 30 days will result in getting suspended.
Were you recently exposed to COVID?
- If you tell us you were exposed to COVID, you'll be temporarily suspended for 14 days.